RAR file is a compressed folder which is basically made to store other files inside. These files are often obtained when you download a program from the internet.
If you want to Open RAR File, then you have to UnRar (download) it from using one of the free online tools from the internet. RAR files provided numerous benefits over ZIP files such as a high level of compression and also some error recovery processes.
However, the first thing is to learn how to open RAR.
Windows users can purchase premium applications that are available on the internet. We will share some of them here so that you can install them from the internet and use them on your computer. However, if you’re getting issues while opening the DAT file then you can learn how to Open.DAT file extension file in simple ways.
WinRAR Compressed Archive- Open RAR Files
WinRAR compressed archive is related to common archives that are created in them. You can use an archiving tool to extract the files. Check out the useful applications that open .rar files-
- 7-zip ( Windows)
- Advanced RAR Repair ( Windows)
- ALZip ( Windows)
- ALZip for Mac
- Archiver (RuckSack) (Apple OS X)
- Astrotite ( Windows)
- B1 Free Archiver (multiplatform software)
- EZ7z for Mac OS X
- File Roller (Linux)
- IZArc ( Windows)
- PeaZip (multiplatform software)
- .RAR for Linux (Linux), for Mac OS and X
- .RAR Password Recovery ( Windows)
- sArchiver (Apple OS)
- Stuffit ( Windows)
- StuffIt Deluxe ( Windows)
- StuffIt Deluxe for Mac
- StuffIt Expander (Windows)
- StuffIt Expander for Mac
- StuffIt for Mac (OS X)
- The Unarchiver (OS X)
- unRAR (Blackberry)
- USB Flash Drive for iOS
- WinRAR (Windows)
- WinZip (Windows)
- WinZip Mac Edition (Apple OS X)
- Xarchiver (Linux)
- Zipeg (Windows)
- Zipeg for Mac (Apple OS X)
- ZIPGenius ( Windows)
- ZipZag (Windows)
Steps to Open RAR File on Windows 10
How to Open RAR File depends on the Windows version that you are using. If you use WinRar that supports every Windows version. This is a free tool that you can use for 40 days and after the trial is over, the application will ask you to get the full version. You can go with this application rather than wasting time searching for another one.
- Visit Wobzip.com And click on “Select file”
- Then upload your RAR file on the site
- Click Wobzip and click on the links to download the files
- You can also download and install WinRAR
- And click on Extract here; everything that is within the RAR, will appear in the same folder
You can also use other applications that we have mentioned previously to Open RAR File Windows 7 or on any other version of Windows. Here we have given some easy steps that you can perform the method in ease.
7-Zip Open RAR File
To open your RAR file with 7-Zip, simply follow these simple steps-
- Go to 7-Zip download page and select the right version of the software then click on the download link based on your Windows version.
- When the installation wizard appears, choose your desired destination folder and click on the Install button from the bottom-right corner
- When the installation is done, click on Finish and launch the application.
- In the 7-Zip interface, locate the RAR file that you want to open
5.Go to the folder directly and double-click the RAR file
6.You can alternatively right-click on the file and select the Open option from the top of the drop-down menu
7.Launch the RAR file in the right application. You can also save the file elsewhere by selecting the Copy option under the navigation bar and then select the location where you want to save the file and click OK from the pop-up window.
These steps are very easy to perform and once you are comfortable with these steps, you won’t take much time in understanding them.
Open RAR File Windows 10- Other Alternative Programs
7-Zip is surely an excellant tool for uncompressing RAR files, but it also has some alternatives. If you are looking for a streamline process, you can install RAR Opener from the Microsoft Store. You can use the application on your Windows 10. It comes with a very user-friendly interface and you can use it for uncompressing RAR, ZIP, TAR, LZH and various other formats.
However, if you use MAC operating system, you can check out the following section which described how to uncompress a RAR file on MAC OS with a free tool.
Open RAR File with Unarchiver
Mac OS has an in-built tool that let the users unzipping files simply by clicking on them but that does not come with any additional feature. If you want to use some smart features along with unzipping files, then we would recommend you some tools that work fine on the Mac OS.
Unarchiver allows the users to open RAR files within a few clicks. It supports a variety of file formats and offers functionalities that you won’t find in any other Mac RAR opener tool.
- Just go to the official page and opt for the download link in the middle of the page
- You can also go to the app store to install the application easily
- Then launch the application
- When in the application interface, make sure that the RAR Archive box is checked and also the other archive types that you want to open with the tool
5.Next, click the Extraction option from the top of the program window
6.Then save the file in your desired location and control-click on the RAR file that you wish to uncompress
7.Choose the Unarchiver option from the drop-down menu next to Open With option
8.The tool will then automatically save and create the file with your RAR file name in the desired position that you have selected
9.You then can do a simple double-click on the file and open it with an appropriate program.
See? Learning how to Open RAR File is not that so much of a hard process. So you can follow these steps anytime you want. And if you need any other solutions, also feel free to drop us a comment in the below section. We will try to get back to you in the shortest amount of time possible.