HTML files are HyperText Markup Language files that contain the scripting language code to create a web-based application.
These files are used to provide structure and create web pages. These files are stored with the .html or htm extension. Also, you may find references to other pages, images, videos, or files through the HTML pages. These files are stored in a plain-text format and you can open them using any text editor. These files are used online and you can easily view them in your browser.
The HTML file was developed in 1991to display and interpret web pages. Also, HTML was developed by CERN engineers and Berners-Lee. There are different versions of the HTML introduced till now and the latest version introduced is HTML5. There are opening and closing tags present to represent each element in the code.
If you have come across HTML file on your system, you can open it using your browser or any other software. Here is a list of all the programs that you can use to open an HTML file on your system. Read the article till the end to know more.
Open the HTML file in Chrome with command
The first method that we are going to discuss is to open the HTML file in Chrome using a command. Follow the steps mentioned below in the same order.
- You will first have to look for the file that you wish to open. Once found, you will have to right-click on it. After that, from the menu, you will have to select the option to open it with the browser.
- Once done, from the list, you will have to select Google Chrome.
- The file then will open up in your browser. In case your system fails to recognize your file, it will ask you to use any preinstalled program to open the file, You will then have to click on the Goggle Chrome option from the list of preinstalled applications.
- After this, you will also have to check the address in the search bar to make sure that you have opened the correct file.
- Other than this, you can also open your HTML file within Chrome. You will have to click on the ribbon icon in your chrome and then select the file option. You will then have to click on the option to open the file and redirect it to the location where you have stored your file. Once done, you will have to click on the file that you wish to open and open it.
Open HTML file using Notepad++
Another method that you can use to open your HTML file in your system is to use Notepad++. You will have to install it on your system after downloading it from the official website. You will then have to open the file. Follow the steps mentioned below.
- You will first have to search for notepad++ in your browser.
- After that, you will have to open the official website of the software. You will then have to look for the download option and click on it and select the operating system that you are using.
- Once done, you will have to wait for the software to complete the download.
- After this, you will have to install it and open it.
- Next, you will have to click on the file option and select the option to open the file.
- You will have to find the file that you wish to open and click on it to open it.
Open HTML file using Microsoft Visual studio
The next method on our list is to use the Microsoft Visual studio to open HTML file on your system. The software is preferred for coding because of different preinstalled libraries of different languages. The software also provides you with the syntax highlighting so make the code easily readable and the software is free to use. Follow the steps mentioned below.
- You will first have to download the Visual Studio on your system. Search the same on your system and from the official website; download it according to your operating system.
- You will then have to install it on your system by following all the instructions appearing on the screen.
- Once done, you will have to open the software and on the home screen, you will have to select the option to open the file.
- Redirect it to where your file is stored and click on the file to open it.
- You can then view and edit the elements in the HTML file.
Open HTML file using NotePad
The most common application that you can use to open the HTML file in Notepad. The application comes up with the Microsoft office and you do not have to download it individually. You will first have to go to the folder where you have stored the file. You will then have to click on the name of the file and right-click on it. You will then have to click on the option to open with. Finally, you will have to click on the option to open the HTML file with Notepad.
Open HTML file using Adobe ColdFusion Builder
The last application on our list is Adobe ColdFusion Builder. The application is free to use and you can use it with any software. You can either use it with the Windows, Mac or Linux operating system. Also, you can customize the work environment and there are some preinstalled libraries that you can use to open the file. Other than this, you can integrate the software using Microsoft Office, Exchange Server, and SharePoint. You will have to download the application from your system and you will have to install it on your system. You can then use the software to open the HTML file.
We have tried to provide you with all the methods that you can use to open HTML file on your system. You will have to follow the steps in the same way as they are mentioned. We hope that the article was helpful to you and was informative. Hope the article helps.